Skip to main content

2019 is Here

Well folks we are well into 2019. January is already a third over. That's right, in 20 short days 2019 will be 1/12 (approximately) over. Time marches on. The work days may be long and that clock may never seem to hit quitting time for some, but the days, weeks and months seem to be a blur. Time is crazy like that.

I learned in 2018 that some friends and family members were going through divorce, saying good-bye to loved ones, moving (for not fun reasons) and other valley moments. For many 2018 was a rough year and it had nothing to do with the manufactured "news" and "politics" that seem harder to believe every day.

I also learned that for others 2018 was a year of celebrations- new children were born, new jobs were started, houses were purchased, degrees were earned and much more! For them 2018 was a good year.

For me it was a year. Just a year. A year with many good moments and some rather harsh moments as well. I started working at the Hearing Aid company in early January of 2018. A week (ish) before that my Snowflake turned 6 years old. That may not sound very old, but it happened quickly for her Mom. Mostly 2018 was just a year. Not awful but not miraculous and full of wonderful announcements either and that is ok. Some years are like that. It is nice when horrible things don't happen!

Yet, I still find myself a single mom and my daughter without a father in her life and while we love how close the two of us are, it would be nice to have a husband again. Still, being single is not the worst thing. I spent 2018 finding out that while I do want a spouse and feel ready to extend trust to the right guy, I am ok with being single. It isn't what I want to claim for the rest of my years, but for now it is ok. There are pros with being single. I am learning about those.

I am furiously working on finishing up Joyfully Set Free, my second book and the companion to Joyfully After All. It should be ready to go by April or May (late Spring 2019 is my goal and what is on my business cards,so I gotta do it)!

I am enjoying finally making our house my home. A trailer to some is a humble abode and while it isn't my dream house (but my realtor hasn't found me a 1200 square foot Pyramid on an acre of land in the outskirts of town with a creek bubbling in the back yard) it is a home. It is warm in the winter and with the creation of in an in window AC unit it is comfortable on those hot summer nights. Each year we fill the house with memories it becomes our home more and more. Wyoming is known for wind (in fact we create enough wind energy to sell to California) and through all the storms my house is still there. I may need to replace a window in my storm door (actually I'm just going to replace the whole door- easier and I get exactly what I want) but my house keeps us safe and cozy. It is just cozy enough for 2. Another pro to it just being the 2 of us. AND it is right across the street from a playground. Yes, I have fallen for my humble, little, paid for home.

While 2018 wasn't remarkable in news garnering for Snowflake and myself it was another year together. A year to watch her grow, start to really love to pray, read and be a helper and a friend. It was a year to extend kindness to others. Our story won't make the history textbooks, but hopefully in 2018 we touched lives that were put in our pathway and shared Christ's love with others while bringing smiles to our friends' hearts. We don't have to be history makers to make an impact.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Emerging Reader

So Snowflake wanted to read for her cousin who lives 1000ish miles away.  Luckily we live in the 21st century and I am quite adept with my smart phone camera.  ðŸ˜‚ We made a video.  I thought I would share it here too.  Reading is one of my favorite activities, so I just love listening to my Snowflake read.

Keeping it at His Feet

I love to pray.  I love to just talk to Jesus.  He really is my best friend.  It amazes me that He knows me, knows all my secrets, my failures, my inadequate times, my sins and He loves me. He truely loves me. He doesn't love me less than He did when I was younger and skinnier.  He knows what I need to work on but He won't love me more when I purge some sin struggles.  He loves me completely and fully right now. He pursued me. He was beaten, tortured, mocked and brutally killed for me! My name was on His heart when He obeyed the Father on that terrible day. I can never thank Him enough.  I can't get enough of Him. I just love talking to God, the one I can trust with all my tears, fears, doubts, worries and hopes. I am really good at taking things to Him.  One thing I am working on is leaving it there.  I tend to want to take back my fears, worries and doubts. I want to see the future so I know if He says "yes" to my hopes. My big prayer is to complete ou

A Reminder From Snowflake

This morning as I dropped my daughter off at school she walked into her classroom and her face lit up with joy! Her former student teacher was there to sub.  Snowflake loves her regular teacher, but seeing this other gal come back made her day.   I have been pondering her reaction.  This is a hard time of the year for me.  The anniversary of my wedding (marriage lasted for just the blink of an eye), the anniversary of my Grandma's entrance to Heaven and now another loved family member has passed to Heaven and I am still trying to celebrate and enjoy Advent while giving my daughter precious memories.  So many different emotions at war with each other.  Snowflake's joy this morning was a wake-up call. It was a gift for her to have this teacher back for the day.  Snowflake was going to enjoy it.   Do I make the most of the little gifts God sends me each day? Do I fully enjoy them, or do I ignore them and focus on the pain? I need to be more mindful so I am open and am a