Skip to main content

Who Am I?

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently about identity. Who am I? How should I describe myself? What is my identity? These are all important questions that we each need to answer.  Somewhat they may change slightly over time, but mostly we are who we are.

First I am a daughter of the King.  A Christian.  I believe the Bible is true and shows us who God is and how we should relate to Him. I believe that I am a sinner. I know that I am.  I know and believe the Bible states that I need forgiveness and Christ offers it.  Having accepted it I will be spending eternity in Heaven.  Due to my belief in the Bible I try my best to live according to Biblical principles.

I am a mother.  I have been given an amazing daughter to raise.  Right now it is her and me. We are close. She is a priority right now due to her age.  I am in a season of full time mothering and I love it.  Frustrating.  Stressful.  Scary.  Wonderful.  Giggle filled.  Fun.  Exhausting. Parenting is so many things.

I am a daughter, aunt and sister.  I love my family and enjoy spending time with them.  Making memories and reminiscing.  Helping and being helped. It is all part of being in a family.

I am a friend.  I highly recommend this title to all.  I enjoy being with my friends. Be it in person, Skype or texting.  Time and connections are valuable. I can laugh and giggle over text conversations just as easily as in person coffee dates.  Hopefully many of the friends I have now will still be in my inner circle as other seasons end.

I am a trivia and book nerd. I love to read, to write, to research and know random things. Knowing things is fun and essential in my life.

I have hobbies: hiking, movie watching, trying to become a great baker, swimming (albeit slowly), coloring, Facebooking, picture taking and home redecorating. All these things are part of who I am.

I am me. I can't be anyone else. I am smart and stubborn, silly and sweet.  I love Star Trek, disaster movies, apocalyptic thrillers, historical dramas, musicals and animated movies. I am motivated by my genuine care for others. I am not the most fiscally wise as I would rather do without than see others suffer and feel forgotten. I love animals.

I am a rape and abuse survivor. I am divorced. Those things are part of who I am too. My experiences have shaped me into who I am and how I react. Hopefully the biggest personality shaper in my life is the Holy Spirit.

I am me. Just me.  Yet just me is important enough to 1, to GOD. I am worth His coming to Earth, living life, experiencing the ups and downs, being betrayed, horrendously and willingly murdered, abandoned and dead. Only to come back, proving His deity and power over all. I am worth all that.  ME! Just me. You are too.  No matter who you are, what you have done.  You are everything to God.

That is what Christmas is all about.  This season full of cheer, festive music, gifts and hustle is about God coming into His creation and showing each of us that no matter who we are, what our circumstances may be we matter to Him.

The world may mock us, employers devalue us, peers bully us, neighbors ignore us, family betrays us. God came to us, lived life as one of us to show that we each matter. Knowing that truth is what makes Christmas truly merry.

Merry Christmas from me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Emerging Reader

So Snowflake wanted to read for her cousin who lives 1000ish miles away.  Luckily we live in the 21st century and I am quite adept with my smart phone camera.  ðŸ˜‚ We made a video.  I thought I would share it here too.  Reading is one of my favorite activities, so I just love listening to my Snowflake read.

Keeping it at His Feet

I love to pray.  I love to just talk to Jesus.  He really is my best friend.  It amazes me that He knows me, knows all my secrets, my failures, my inadequate times, my sins and He loves me. He truely loves me. He doesn't love me less than He did when I was younger and skinnier.  He knows what I need to work on but He won't love me more when I purge some sin struggles.  He loves me completely and fully right now. He pursued me. He was beaten, tortured, mocked and brutally killed for me! My name was on His heart when He obeyed the Father on that terrible day. I can never thank Him enough.  I can't get enough of Him. I just love talking to God, the one I can trust with all my tears, fears, doubts, worries and hopes. I am really good at taking things to Him.  One thing I am working on is leaving it there.  I tend to want to take back my fears, worries and doubts. I want to see the future so I know if He says "yes" to my hopes. My big prayer is to complete ou

A Reminder From Snowflake

This morning as I dropped my daughter off at school she walked into her classroom and her face lit up with joy! Her former student teacher was there to sub.  Snowflake loves her regular teacher, but seeing this other gal come back made her day.   I have been pondering her reaction.  This is a hard time of the year for me.  The anniversary of my wedding (marriage lasted for just the blink of an eye), the anniversary of my Grandma's entrance to Heaven and now another loved family member has passed to Heaven and I am still trying to celebrate and enjoy Advent while giving my daughter precious memories.  So many different emotions at war with each other.  Snowflake's joy this morning was a wake-up call. It was a gift for her to have this teacher back for the day.  Snowflake was going to enjoy it.   Do I make the most of the little gifts God sends me each day? Do I fully enjoy them, or do I ignore them and focus on the pain? I need to be more mindful so I am open and am a